Department of Justice

Submit a request for information with our new online service and share your feedback with us.

Court Services

Court Services Frequently Asked Questions

Where are the Courts?

Law Courts
2134 Second Avenue (ground floor)
P.O. Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

The following services are offered at this location:

  • Court Administration
  • Court of Appeal
  • Court Services
  • Fine Payments and Court Registry
  • Maintenance Enforcement Program
  • Sheriff's Office
  • Territorial Court
  • Witness Administration Program
  • Yukon Law Library
  • Yukon Review Board
  • Yukon Supreme Court

  • When is my Court date?

    Please contact the Court Registry to find out when you are scheduled to make a Court appearance.

    Whitehorse Court Operations
    2134 Second Avenue
    Law Courts Building
    P.O. Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
    Phone: (867) 667-5441
    Dawson City Court Registry
    P.O. Box 651
    Dawson City, Yukon Y0B 1G0
    Phone: (867) 993-5070
    Fax: (867) 993-5311

    How can I apply for a pardon?

    The National Parole Board issues pardons of convictions. You can apply for a pardon by completing a Pardon Application Guide and returning it to the National Parole Board. Contact Adult Probation Services for a Pardon Application Guide:

    Adult Probation Services
    Department of Justice
    Government of Yukon
    Box 2703
    301 Jarvis St.
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

    Phone: (867) 667-5231
    Toll free (In Yukon): 1-800-661-0408, local 5231
    Fax: (867) 667-3446

    Further information on pardons (including downloadable forms) can be found on the National Parole Board web site .

    How can I find out about my court case?

    • Criminal Court Cases
      Call the general inquiries line at (867) 667-5441 (Toll free from within the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408, extension 5441)
    • Small Claims Court and Child Protection
      Call (867) 667-5619 (Toll free from within the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408, extension 5619)
    • Supreme Court Civil Cases
      Call (867) 667-5937 (Toll free from within the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408, extension 5937)
    • Not sure what kind of court case you have?
      Call the General Inquiries line at 667-5441 (Toll free from within the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5441)

    How can I swear an information?

    You can swear an information before a Justice of the Peace by attending Court Services in Whitehorse on any regular business day at 12:00 noon (12:00 p.m.). If you are unable to swear your information at this time and your matter is urgent, you may attend Court Services and make a request to swear your information before an available Justice of the Peace.

    If you do not reside in Whitehorse, you may contact your local Justice of the Peace to arrange an appointment. If you do not know the name and telephone number of your resident Justice of the Peace, you may obtain this information by contacting your community RCMP detachment, or by contacting the Territorial Court Judges' Chambers at 667-5438, or by calling toll-free at 1-800-661-0408, extension 5438.