Department of Justice

Submit a request for information with our new online service and share your feedback with us.

Court Services


How do I file for bankruptcy?

If you decide to file for bankruptcy, the process must be handled by a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.

The first step is to select a trustee who is licensed to practise in Yukon. Please refer to the List of Licensed Insolvency Trustees. You may also opt to check the Yellow Pages of your phone directory under "Bankruptcies - Trustees" for Yukon. Trustees located outside of Yukon typically accept collect calls.

For further information on bankruptcy, contact the Yukon Registrar in Bankruptcy (listed below), or visit the federal Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy site.

Contact Registrar in Bankruptcy

Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre
2134 Second Avenue (ground floor)

Mailing Address:
Registrar in Bankruptcy
Court Services (J-3)
Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 2C6
Phone: (867) 667-5938
Toll free (In Yukon): 1-800-661-0408, local 5938
Fax: (867) 393-6212