Resources for Researching Yukon Case Law
The following resources provide access to collections of some (but not all) of the decisions of the Yukon courts:
Yukon Courts Online
- The Yukon Courts website publishes most of the written decisions released since January 2006.
- Written decisions released since 2001 are being added as time and resources allow.
- Decisions are first organized by court, and then by year, and then alphabetically by style of cause.
- Individual pages on this site can be searched using the CTRL/Command + F function.
- Some written decisions of the Yukon Courts are also posted on CanLII.
- The CanLII collection includes some decisions released prior to 2001.
Yukon Law Reports Consolidated Table of Cases, 1967-2008
- The Yukon Public Law Library houses a print collection of most of the written decisions dating back to 1967.
- The Consolidated Table of Cases, 1967-2008 is a searchable PDF document that lists all of the decisions currently available for in-library reference.
- Decisions are organized alphabetically by style of cause.
- This document can be searched using the CTRL/Command + F function.
Some General Information about Unreported Decisions
- In Canada, many court decisions are unreported.
- Sometimes decisions are unreported due to publication bans, or for reasons of individual privacy.
- Sometimes decisions are unreported because they are delivered orally.
- Oftentimes unreported decisions are only available from original court files or through fee-based services. For more information on accessing original court files, contact the court registry or law library in the jurisdiction you are researching.